Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Please someone save me!

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback
View previous topic :: View next topic
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:05 pm Post subject: Please someone save me! Reply with quote

I'm having patching issues with UO no matter what client I try to patch. I've tried everything I can think of and everything EA has suggested (Which mind you, wasn't much and wasn't anything I hadn't already tried, but bless them for trying Rolling Eyes ) And I'm stumped. I don't know what to do, I just want to play UO again! GAH!

The exact problem I'm getting as per EA is "Error during session" and for some reason this mystery error won't let me apply any patch I download.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:24 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you delete the contents of the EA Games/Ultima Online/Patch folder and re-try?

If so, try temporarily disabling your firewall/anti virus for a few seconds and try to patch (just make sure to re enable them right after!)

Also, what operating system are you using?
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:08 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried all of the above on a few different versions of the client, including KR. I'm using Vista, and I'm almost convinced that's inwherelies my problem.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 7:44 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you running UO under administrator permissions?

I believe you need to right click on the icon, then select "Run As - Administrator" (you need to do this even if your running an administrator account).
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

If running under administrator permissions doesn't work, try the following...

1. Uninstall your UO client.

2. Save your desktop folder in your UO folder directory (Ultima Online/Desktop), if you wish to save all your macros & settings. Copy and paste it onto your desktop and paste it back onto your new UO folder which will be installed on step 4.

3. Delete your UO folder manually (it will remain even after the uninstall).

4. Reinstall UO into a different folder. Name it differently just to be 100% safe (For example, instead of C:\EA Games\Ultima Online, install it to something like C:\EA Games\Ultima Online2

5. Patch again

If you don't have the UO CD, or you have an ancient disk that will take forever to patch, you can download the Mondains Legacy client from: http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml
Jonathan Strathmore
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:09 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Got it working, thanks for the help. I'll be back now to everyone who noticed I was gone.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> Support and Feedback All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: