Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Tavern Nights for the Community... Input needed please...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic

What night of the week would be best for you?
Monday
41%
 41%  [ 15 ]
Wednesday
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Friday
11%
 11%  [ 4 ]
Saturday
8%
 8%  [ 3 ]
Sunday
19%
 19%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 36

audrina
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my only opinion is that not all of those taverns would be in neutral ground. You can't send Umbrans into Hanses or vice versa.....
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

True.

But we can get the Rulers for those establishments to agree to a Written Accord, that for those nights the tavern is Spotlighted it is TRULY NEUTRAL.

Then again, you won't catch me in Akoris.

So do we open Maggies in Luna, call it the ARPC Pub, bar and Grill, and call it the Offical Pub of the ARPC? And still cycle through for just one night a week through the others? That would keep a spot totally safe, totally neutral. The Umbrans could wear sunglasses to keep out all of the light.
Molly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 9:35 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggy's place has always been neutral, it is in Luna near the alliance meeting hall but it is a true Lodge for Travelers.

There is food available, tables and chairs and a fireplace on the first floor and a bartender on the second floor with a dart board and bar and even a back room for private meetings. It has rooms for rent on the 3rd floor with a garden on the roof and a working kitchen on the roof as well.

I set it up so it could be a gathering place for the community with Neutrality in mind like the Hungry Halfling in Rivendell was. The only thing it needs is a few people to be friended and willing to take turns running it nightly (a great rp for a newbe character to act as bar wench or bar tender to get food and drink for people). I keep the chests stocked on the first floor. I had always hoped it could be as the taverns of old were once. I can't man it all the time so if we could work out a schedule to help keep it opened every night it might be a great thing.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXoGDbJ5nLU
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:09 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral places with a place to dule are perfect for RP. everyone gets along. something goes down IC. take it out back. thats what i absolutly LOVED about hanses.

Also. ARPC ICQ lists should be added by all hosters and mass messeges sent out every time. this should return a good outcome.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Sir Robert
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 12:05 am Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wisp is open for all, and I would offer it as the round-clock meeting area. That's what it's for.

The only exception to the rules would be the ooc backroom. Yes, the wisp has a room that is ooc.

Though this be madnes, yet there's method in't
Yolen Grath
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

We are opening a tavern in Moonglow as well. We'll be scheduling the Grand Opening soon. The name is Of Fish and Heroes. It is located on the very south western point on the island.
Molly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:54 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

There is an empty field next to Maggy's place that can never have anything placed there. It is the old Newbe cave and is a great place for duels. There is also a player run stables on the other side of Maggy's place to stable your beasts while you enjoy the accomodations.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Thomas Hunter
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 3:37 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated List of Taverns...

Garden - Tai
Maggy's - Molly
Wandering Wisp - Sir Robert
Den - Ceinwyn
Hanses - (who would be proprietor respsonsible for the events?)
Ce'Nedra Keep - (who would be proprietor respsonsible for the events?)
Of Fish and Heroes - MTC

Only ARPC ran taverns are included.

Maggy's will be the Official Tavern for Several Reasons... True Neutrality being one, and location the other.

So we can all head there for spontaneous RP...

We will have rotating events at the other taverns one night per week, with Monday looking to be the night of choice.

I don't mean to shortchange the other taverns, but Audrina has a point that Necros will have comfort issues at hanses, and vice versa.

Does anyone have problems with this plan? And Who can volunteer to rotate helping run maggy's? I do. Any other takers? And when should we start the rotation? And do I need to put a poll up on the rules proposed? Or if you have any problems with the plan, now is the time to speak. And Proprietors, please get me a rune to your establishment so that I can start making books for distribution. Thanks.
Yolen Grath
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:00 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to plan the Grand Opening Of Fish and Heroes on the 14th. If you all wanna make that a kick off, I'm game... otherwise I will still make an official posting on said grand opening.

I personally think the idea is great and should be implemented soon... a bit of "strike while the iron is hot" idea.
Janus Denweir
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:02 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just pop in here randomly. ;]

Anyway, I think the idea of having a main tavern would be ideal for obvious reasons of neutrality. Obviously there can be a weekly schedule, but it should be key that there are times that it is "open", or a barkeep is available. This would cause players to show up at the same time, which is, in the end, what everyone is seekin'.

"Fall on us and hide us from the face of him who is seated at the throne."

Last edited by Janus Denweir on Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:29 am; edited 2 times in total
audrina
Lore Keeper
Lore Keeper

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 2:06 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I'll go to tavern nights, but you won't catch me anywhere near Hanses. I don't have a death wish.
Ceinwyn ab'Arawn
Transcendent Spammer
Transcendent Spammer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I havent come up with anything special for the tavern night yet, but ill have my sect of tavern operators work on it.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 8:29 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

First orf, I gots a few things ta' say.

Tha' Garden Freehold is mine, an' no tha' runt's. He signed o'er control years ago. O' course he only had control cause I somewhat lost tha' deed in a disastrous game o' chance.

I dinna have a problem wi' Maggie's place bein' called the' ARPC tavern. Howe'er, I would like ta' go on record tha' a tavern in tha' fekkin' middle o' Luna lands is in no way neutral. I mean, I loves me a pretty celtic lass like sweet poppet Maggie.

Fourthly, I dinna agree wi' yuir rule about stealthin' in a tavern. Some o' us are shadow walkers. Some o' us like ta' take oor chances.

Secondly, I disagree aboot that guild tag. Personally, there are folks oot there tha' are constantly in disguise.

Ninthly, who cut yuir hair?

Yours in service,

Poet
Molly

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:51 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

When Maggy opened the place she made it clear that it was a publick house and a traveler's haven. That is how she has always advertised it and it has not changed since it was opened. She housed criminals and the Sanctus underground under the same roof.
Sanctus, Luna, Malas
Thrax
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:38 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Please add the Horn of the Unicorn tavern to the list.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: