Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Whatever it takes...

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Bailos
Grand Inquisitor
Grand Inquisitor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2004 3:01 am Post subject: Whatever it takes... Reply with quote

On a quiet, heavy, still night near the northern crags of Malas, near the B-H stronghold a soft-blue moongate materializes and out creeps Bailos...Treading lightly and surveying the landscape he creeps up to the walls of the stronghold and slinks along ever so quietly and carefully.

Bailos peeks around the corner, spying the pair of guards standing watch in the night, sitting on the steps, joking with each other. After several minutes, one stands and makes his way into the building, probably to make his rounds, and the other is left unattended...Quietly, he drifts off to sleep, leaving the door unguarded. Bailos, realizing this, calmly walks right passed the guard and in thru the doorway, up the steps, into the stronghold.

Skillfully walzting around the stronghold unchecked, he finds a nice corner to hide in, and cloaks himself in shadow with magic words of power. Biding his time, he quietly waits for the guard to pass by on his rounds...Waiting for just the right moment, Bailos throws a dagger accross the room, sliding it on the floor, directing the attention of the guard away from his corner, then, with a calm demeanor, he steps forth from the shadow and grabs the guard, stifling his mouth with a firm hand, and disarming him with a spell of paralysis.

Turning and muttering more words of power, Bailos creates a moongate back to his tower outside of Vesper, and pulls the still paralyzed guard in with him, leaving only his still burning torch, and the dagger, left behind.

At the other end of the moongate, Bailos drags the guard into his tower, slamming the door behind him on the way in and drops the guard on the teleporter pad. Emerging on the next floor, Bailos secures the guard into a chair, taking his weapons away, and securing his limbs, before releasing the man from the spell. As the guard regains movement, he begins to struggle most naturally, and cursing at Bailos for this kidnapping. Bailos smuggly sits down on a table at the other end of the room and stares coldly at the man who now sits helpless infront of him.

"Tell me what I want to know, and we'll see about letting you see your family again" Bailos coldly stated for the guard.

"W...Well, that depends on what you want. My brethren will not stand for this you know!! they'll find me, they'll find you!" The guard shouts back.

"Relax, they wont find you here. You can't trace moongates....at least no one in the Brotherhood has the smarts to...So, tell me, what's Ariel been up to? Has she found anything lately?" Bailos asks.

The guard replies, "Well...Actually she was telling B.....Wait, stop, I can't tell you....No matter my fear, I must remain strong! Your tactics will not work. I am a soldier of the Brotherhood, and your tactics will not break me, no matter to what ends they proceed......I have nothing more to say to you."

"Well well, my my, I'm impressed, the little girl grows a pair!! Bravo, excellent job. Would have worked better if you actually believed what you were saying...Fool...You remind me a wooden crate I once owned....Appeared sturdy, but weak in the joints, could barely hold my wait to stand on! Dont lie to yourself......tell me where Ariel put the books, and I just might let you go...Face the consequences if not..... This is your last chance" Bailos states....

The guard, after collecting himself, with a soft, scared voice, and a cold sweat dripping down his brow, "I....I...I care not for your evil machinations. My own saftly is second to that of my brethren. Even if you kill me, you shall not have what you seek."

Bailos' expression changed from a smug smirk, to an angry stare.....his ire building with every word, his fists clenching, and he begins to mildly grind his teeth....

"Fine....If you don't want to play like that, then you won't play at all....I'll tell them all that you send your love"

And with those words, Bailos got up from the table, sent his arms upwords and began chanting. Energy flowed into him, and a jagged bolt of lightning burst forth and began frying the guard. Slowly the electicity flowed through his body, insulated by his shiny metal armor, and soon the guard lay limp.

Fists still clenched, Bailos headed downstairs to his lab to rethink his strategy...

"Perhaps It's time I pay Ariel a visit......yes, that might solve things"
Ariel
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 3:26 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

As word spread about the missing guard, I knew in my heart he would not be returning. Evil is in the air. He is coming for the books. The books that have the power to destroy mankind as it is today. I shall guard these books and keep them safe as I have for many, many years.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: