Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Silent Poet

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Starfire
Sage
Sage

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:35 pm Post subject: Silent Poet Reply with quote

It was time. If Silent Poet were to be cured, it was now or not at all. Tatiana stabled Valiant and perpared herself for whatever was to come. She met up with a gypsy named Merrique in Sanctus. Together the two of them went to the Garden. Silent Poet came striding out. Tati nearly turned and ran, until she realized he was in one of his more lucid states.
Merrique held a bag to her and told Tatiana to open a gate to Nujel'm.

Upon arriving in Nujel'm, Merrique led the way. She took them out the west gate and set out towards the cemetary. Tati heard cemetary and visions of unearthly fiends came to mind. It nearly stopped her in her tracks. But Merrique seemed steady and Poet remained lucid, so Tati continued along with them. Upon arrival to the cemetary, Merrique made straight for an old mausoleum. Inside she told Poet to strip down and get up on the old sarcophagus that sat there. Tati heard and rapidly turned her back on the tableau. She was so unnerved her hands were shaking, so she reached into her bosom and drew out the velvet bag she had worn for weeks now. Tatiana clutched it firmly and it steeled her resolve.

She heard the whisper of the bag as assorted items were clanked down. And Merrique started chanting. Tati could feel the brush of magic on her skin. As each item was brought forth the enchantment in the area grew stronger, and Tati's hair started to stand on end. Merrique called her to come take an object and Tati tried to head to the other end without seeing Poet. Blessedly an object lay across his loins, his favorite kilt. Tati had to smile at that, because Poet in his kilt was a fortifying sight. Merrique handed her a book, one of poems he had written long ago. Tati was told to put it close to her heart. Tati took out the velvet bag and carefully added the book of poetry to it, then tucked the bag back away.

Tati returned to her station at the far end of the mausoleum. Merrique had not stopped her chanting and Tati could feel the power growing. She watched shocked as Merrique shattered Poet's old drinking cup and ground it up in the mortar before her. Tati didn't know much about magic and could not follow what all Merrique did or why. She merely stood her ground till it was her time to act. Merrique came to her and handed her a piece of blackrock. Tati nearly dropped it at first, she had seen one or two of the elementals and they terrified her. But, Merrique turned back to what she was doing and Tati held the rock until told what to do with it.

Merrique continued her chanting then suddenly slashed her palm, dribbling the blood into the mortar. Tati was shocked and nearly rushed to her side to help her, but Merrique shouted out, "Get the heart ready"
Tati hastily dragged the velvet pouch out yet again and pulled out Poet's sacred heartstone. As she held it in her hand, all the freindship and love he had shown her over the years came rushing over her. Any fear, pain, worry vanished in a flash. Tati smiled softly as she looked to Merrique for further instruction.

Merrique shouted, "When I say so, place the rock on his forehead and the heartstone upon his chest." Tatiana nodded and waited patiently, the heartstone in her hand giving her strength. Suddenly, Merrique shouted, "NOW!" Tatiana rushed to Poet's side and firmly placed the blackrock on his forehead and the heartstone on his chest.

All hell broke loose. Poet reacted, his body deeply arched. It was all Tatiana could do to keep the objects pressed to him. Rock and magic started to fly all around. She could hear things crashing and booming around her but dared not look; she knew it would scare her silly. Debris started raining down from the ceiling as more rock flew. With one last violent upheaval, Poet knocked her back from him. Tatiana fell back into piles of rock and debris and added rock fell upon her.

Then Poet sat up and said, in his fashion, well me poppet, it would seem I am fixed right up. He raised his hand and the rain of rock stopped. And he smiled and Tatiana knew he was himself again.

Tati realized she had broken a rib or two and had assorted bruises. Merrique had broken her uncut hand and had the same assorted bruises. And, yet, all she could do was smile. Poet was himself. Bruises and ribs would heal. Poet was himself. At long last, Poet was himself.
Silent Poet
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 2:08 am Post subject: Reply with quote

there were voices in his head ... not that that was any different than normal for him. He was a village idiot after all.

they were whispering to him

I was born under a wand'rin' star.
*I was born under a wand'rin' star.*
Wheels are made for rollin'

mules are made to pack.
I never seen a sight
that dinna look better lookin' back.

Mud can make ye pris'ner
an' tha' plains can make ye dry.
Snow can burn yuir eyes
but only people make ye cry.
Home is made for comin' from

for dreams of goin' to
which
with any luck will never come true.
*I was born under a wand'rin' star.*

Do I know where hell is ?
Hell is in hello.
Heaven is "Good-bye forever.
Tis time for me to go."
When I get to heaven
tie me to a tree

*Or I'll begin to roam*

an' soon ye know where I will be.
I was born under a wand'rin' star

*a wand'rin' star*

He staggers up from the sarcophigi and says, "Orright, enow o' this idiocy. I got drinks ta' drink an' wenches ta' woo."
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: