Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

About the Viper Clan Orcs setting the City of Vesper Ablaze

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:35 pm Post subject: About the Viper Clan Orcs setting the City of Vesper Ablaze Reply with quote

Some of you may have noticed the sets of water barrels placed on the four bridges entering the city and the docks as well. These are meant to act as gaps in the bridges and docks that were blown up by a band of orcs just last night. If you want to read about it please click the link below and enjoy (there's pretty pictures too).

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30259

There are a few things i will ask of you that i think will enhance the enjoyment/challenge of this particular plot.

1) Please leave the barrels alone for a few days to let the community at least see the damage for themselves and have to deal with the challenges associated with not having fully functional bridges and docks.

2) The bridges and docks are not completely destroyed. There may be a bit of a railing left to hang onto. Or perhaps all that is left is the last sturdy plank. So that can be crossed by reasonably fit folks who have possibly good balance or enough strength to shimmy across the remnants of just a railing or plank. This mean no mounts or pets may cross unless they can fly, have hands to hold on, or are suitably nimble to balance while walking across a board. To me this mean pack horses and llamas used for cross country caravans would not be able to cross at all.

3) The bridges should be suitably repaired by crafts-person who has knowledge in masonry and carpentry and a reasonable post should be made to represent the time it took for them to do their work. if the repairs are not done by a suitable crafts-person with knowledge of masonry and carpentry such as a warrior or mage then the bridge will be at risk of crumbling. And more water barrels should be expected.

4) Ships cannot dock along side the shore to unload supplies as the uneven ground makes the gang planks too unsteady. Also it should be difficult for ships to navigate through the canals as the debris is still floating in it.

5) As usual mages opening gates is not an ideal method of transporting large quantities of supplies. Still it would be safer for mages to use gate to help get the less agile citizens in and out of the city.

I hope these rules aren't seen as too restricting and provide a fun challenge to RP.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dante Darkheart
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:11 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

So those crazy orcs are back at it again. Again some of you may have noticed the sets of water barrels placed at the entrances of the mine in Minoc. These are meant to act as a the ruble left behind whent eh entrances of the mines were blown up by a band of orcs Early this morning. If you want to read about it please click the link below and enjoy (there's pretty pictures too).

http://www.atlanticcommunityboard.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=30259

There are a few things i will ask of you that I think will enhance the enjoyment/challenge of this particular plot.

1) Please leave the barrels alone for a few days to let the community at least see the damage for themselves and have to deal with the challenges associated with not having a fully functional mine.

2) There still is some holes where food and water can be passed through. Though the holes are not large enough to pass tools through. Furthermore any attempt to widen the hole would only serve to weaken what’s left of the mine.

3) The mine should be suitably repaired by crafts-person who has knowledge in mining and a reasonable post should be made to represent the time it took for them to do their work. if the repairs are not done by a suitable crafts-person with knowledge of mining such as a bard or tamer, then the mine will be at risk of crumbling. And more water barrels should be expected.

4) Mining should be avoided in the entire south half of the mountain where the mine is at. Any attempt to mine in that south half of the mine might weaken what is left of the mine.

5) As usual mages opening gates is not an ideal method of transporting large quantities of supplies. Still due to the collapse it is impossible to know if the gate would merely gate a person into solid rock.

I hope these rules aren't seen as too restricting and provide a fun challenge to RP.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: