Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Family born to Darkness

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Marcus Draven
Seasoned Veteran
Seasoned Veteran

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:22 pm Post subject: Family born to Darkness Reply with quote

It had been weeks since they came for me. Traitors and enemies stood against me. Those whom I had defended in many ways. Those whom I took in when nobody wanted them. They now stood together under some odd notion of justice. The foolish beings gathered to shed my blood, and what they found was a man who's loyalty led him to die for me. It was not that he wished to die but merely his last grand prank. Their only victory was to reveal themselves. Now, they believe I am dead. The thought brought a smile to my face.. dead. Oh how those of this world love to speak of vampires yet they do not know anything about them. Shortly after that night, I revealed myself to my Coven. Under orders of eternal pain they were not to reveal the simple fact I yet live. I was to depart that night to lands long gone to me. And so I swore that night, in the presence of those in my Coven, that I shall return. And when I do, that due to the actions of those mortals, the Coven shall set aside the laws of the Masquerade and step from the shadows. These laws have betrayed us and war has been declared by a non-immortal race, the world of humans. Upon my return I shall step out and truly be how these humans wish to see me. A being who gorges himself upon the blood of the innocent and slaughter any I wish. The humans wished to declare war upon my kind, and so I accept. First there was something I felt I had to do.

A day after I spoke to my Coven, I left the castle. Locking its doors behind me and stepping out upon the cool damp earth. The night sky overhead, the moon looking down upon the world. A strange thing though, not a sound could be heard by the creatures of the night. It was total and utter silence. I begin to leave as I simply slip into the Gloom. The world of shadows and haven for my kind. It was quickly I found the rift once more that brought me to this new world and stepped through it and entered my old world. The smells of this world brought a smirk upon my face as I looked around familiar sights. It look less than an hour to reach the mountains. The place so many centuries ago I had been born, the place I had been reborn, and the place I returned to later to claim for my kind. As I walked through the valley within the mountain I gazed upon the old buildings, still not quite sure why I had come only the feeling that I must. As I went to my old Manor, I began to feel quite strange. I began to look around nervously yet I could not understand why or what brought this. I entered the Manor and before me stood a man whom I have not seen in a very long time. He turned around to look at me, speaking slowly yet with determination.

"Welcome home my son." He said in a tone that seemed cold.

My eyes went wide, "Father..." dropping to my knees.

He stepped closer yet still kept his distance. I could feel his eyes upon me, examining and studying me. He commanded I rise and so I did. It had been nearly 400 years since I saw him. The well of emotions running through me were nearly to much. I gathered my strength to face my father... my creator. His hands were folded behind his back and began to pace in front of me, keeping his silence. Thoughts were running through my head. Why was he here? Why am I here? Where has he been for so long? Why did he reveal himself now?

"All in time Marcus." He said.

Dammit, his power was far exceeding my own and he could even read the thoughts of the Kindred. My eyes slowly rose to meet his. I tried to speak but could not find the words. He laughed coldly.

"I have been watching you Marcus. The time has finally come to set aside the old laws of our kind and step into this new world. You now know this and so I have brought you here."

He studied me a few moments before tossing a rolled up parchment at my feet.

"Use this, and then you shall have the bloodshed you seek. In time I shall return to Castle Hardestadt and speak to you further."

And with that he vanished. It took several moments for me to adjust to what just had happened. I took the parchment and slowly unrolled it. Upon it were ancient markings upon a map of the world. Among the markings were four X markings. A moment later a wide grin formed upon my face.

"My brothers and sisters..." And with that I left, in search of my siblings, whom like me our father turned centuries ago.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: