Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Blackmarsh Phychiatry

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern
View previous topic :: View next topic
Denzin Bracken
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:21 pm Post subject: Blackmarsh Phychiatry Reply with quote

Emperor Denzin Bracken passed a book to the woman in front of him, she accepted it with a smile on her face. She opened the book and read through it carefully. The book read:

You are hereby hired by the Emperor Denzin Bracken himself, to serve as the psychiatrist to those who live in any part of the Blackmarsh Empire. Your services will be extended to both citizens and soldiers. Soldiers of the Blackmarsh Military will be your primary focus. It is in their best interest that they be stress free, emotionally pleased, and mentally stable while both preparing for, fighting in, or post battles.

She closed the book and held it with both hands. Emperor Bracken nodded firmly and extend his hand. The woman freed a hand from her book and met his.

"I've explained to the majority of citizens and soldiers of Blackmarsh, that it is encouraged for them to visit it. Especially our soldiers. Although, citizens tend to have just as many emotional problems as most soldiers." The Emperor smiled.

"You're a considerate man, Emperor." The woman smiled in return.

(All information ever put in this thread, is confidental. NO ONE in character will EVER know any of these things about these characters, unless told personally. The room in which they speak is completely sealed and impossible for anyone to ease drop in. If you metagame this, I'll fly to you and beat you.)
BeastMaster ‎(6:27 PM):
Why is there a trapped box in the mailbox? Sad
Shabam ‎(6:27 PM):
HAHA
BeastMaster ‎(6:27 PM):
Second time.
Dale Bracken
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Dale Bracken lay on his back on top of the long couch. His arms rested over his stomach, his hands held together. He stared straight up at the ceiling.

The woman sat in the cushioned throne across from him. Her left leg crossed over top of her right. She tapped her quill against an open book on her lap. Both of her eyes fixed themselves on Dale. The woman had the features of a professional, her hair was tightly tied back behind her head and a pair of glasses sat gently on her face, lowered half way down her nose.

"Are you comfortable, Lord Bracken?" She questioned softly.

Dale nodded in reply.

"Excellent. You may speak at your own pace. I am here for your convenience. You may talk freely about any emotional or mental stresses that are troubling you, or any feelings that you feel the need to share that you cannot trust in anyone else. Everything said here, in this room, is confidential. No one, other than myself, will know how you feel."

"What's with the book then?" Dale asked, looking towards her.

"Merely to keep record of your thoughts, so I may later review them for future sessions." She smiled.

Dale nodded again. He paused reluctantly and turned his head to stare back at the ceiling. He began to speak slowly.

"I'm the brother of the Emperor. His older brother at that. Through out our entire lives, we've always been compared to one another. Even though he was younger than I, he has always been somewhat more successful.

After we both finished our studies, I was the one to leave home first. I went out into Sosaria with hopes of being a successful entrepreneur. It wasn't long after I left, that Denzin followed. Right away he came up with a fantastic business idea, low and behold it took off.

Later in life, I decided to take up the practice of the arcane arts. It didn't take long for my little brother, Denzin, to do the same. He learned more than I could have hoped to, and faster. Although he doesn't hold a candle to me with applying the knowledge in combat.

We spent years without contact. I knew Cal Hurst from business in Britain. I had become somewhat successful and thought I would look into joining Hurst in Moonglow. Half way through my move there, he had created a mercenary company with a few other highly trained soldiers. I joined in with them and we found ourselves here in Blackmarsh.

For the first time in years, I contacted my brother Denzin. I told him to come look into this up and coming town. He hadn't even been here a month and he had struck friendships with most of the citizens of the village. In no time at all, he had become Mayor and transformed the village into a massive town.

Before I knew it, he was a Emperor. Blackmarsh spanned across several Cities. All of us mercenaries had found permanent homes here. Now I serve him.

I'm the brother of the Emperor and I feel as though I live in his shadow. Nothing I do or have done, will ever compare to that of which he has done."
Dale let out a heavy sigh.

"It sounds to me, like you've inspired the Emperor through out his life. You feel as though he was merely copying you and trying to best you in every endeavor. When really, it sounds like he just wanted to be more like you, more like his older brother. Maybe he was gifted with the ability to succeed and to rise higher than most. But I think instead of feeling like you're in his shadow, perhaps you should feel like you are his light. Personally, it seems like you have guided your younger brother in life, by being his shining light." The woman said, smiling a bit. She continued to write in her book with her quill.

"Perhaps you're right." Dale said slowly.

"Our time is up, Lord Bracken. Remember, I'm always here to listen. I can only offer my personnel thoughts and opinions of your thoughts. But I hope, they will help you." She closed her book and rested the quill on top of it.

Dale sat up on the edge of the couch and looked towards her. He nodded softly and let out another breath. He then smiled.

"Thank you for your time." Dale stood up and left the room.
Kali
Journeyman
Journeyman

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:46 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Kali sat uncomfortably on the couch of the psychiatrist's office. Her elbows on her knees... her chin in her hands... her face wearing a pout. The air smelled of lavender... making Kali feel a bit more at ease. The woman sat across from her holding a notepad. Her face was pleasant enough but it was the note taking that bothered Kali the most.

Gerard had talked Kali into speaking to the new psychiatrist. He thought it would help her get over some of the pain and heartbreak of her past. Doesn't he see that just being in his arms is almost enough to heal any old wounds her heart has suffered? The sound of his voice soothing her to sleep... the touch of his lips as he gets up to go... Kali's mind begins to wander...

Corporal? Corporal Kali? the psychiatrist called out to her.

Oh... yes... sorry... I was lost in thought. Kali replied.

Would you be more comfortable laying down? the woman asked her.

Maybe... Kali reluctantly replied and laid down on the couch.

Feel free to start at any point in your life that you wish. I'm only taking notes to refer back to in any future sessions we might have. Everything you tell me is in the strictest confidence. reassured the psychiatrist.

Oh... good. I've just recently been promoted. I would hate for any of my past to interfere with any future promotions. Kali breathed a sigh of relief.

Let's get started. said the woman as she looked at the clock on the wall.

Ok. Well... I enjoy my job. I like the challenge of the hunt. I like to kill. The thought of warfare brings a smile to my face. I don't know if that's wrong or not. But I wasn't always like this. Once upon a time... I frolicked in fields chasing butterflies. I baked cookies. I giggled late into the night with friends about the plans for my upcoming marriage. Kali began.

Then one day... that all came to an end. I caught my fiance with another woman. He tried to explain. He said it just happened. He tried to tell me that he could never love her like he did me... tears began to swell in Kali's eyes.

Why? I had given him my all and then some. Wasn't that enough for him? I couldn't handle the hurt... so I ran and I never looked back. I came to an old cottage in Yew where I met an elderly couple. They offered to train me in the ways of the ninja in exchange for helping them on their farm. I learned of honor and courage. I became highly proficient with a bow and arrow and soon could stealth in the shadows with ease. The strength returned to Kali's face.

I became an assassin and joined a professional group of mercenaries who appreciated what I was worth. Soon enough... I began to feel more at ease and at home with them. I made a friend with one of the citizens in our newly formed town, Camilla. She helped me to come out of the shadows. I feel a bit more like myself again... but stronger... improved upon. I've moved quickly up through the ranks and I've even found a partner to share my bed with. Kali smiled.

Do you love him? asked the psychiatrist.

What? Kali blushed.

It's a simple question. Do you love him? she asked again.

Time's up! Perhaps we can talk more next time. Kali jumped to her feet and bolted out the door.

The woman shook her head and smiled as she wrote one last note in her book.

Clearly afraid to face the love she feels for her partner...
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:28 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Yuna sat on the floor next to the psychiatrist's couch, back resting slightly against it, book propped on her knees. She was sketching the psychiatrist's empty chair. She paused to glance at her watch, and went back to her drawing. Just as the drawing was near completion, the door opened and the woman walked in, introducing herself immediately, and extending her hand to greet Yuna. Yuna quickly stood and tucked her book away, gently shaking the woman's hand, withdrawing quickly, without any eye contact. She sat swiftly, on the couch and tucked her hands under her thighs, concentrating on a strap on her left sandal. The psychiatrist simply stood, observing her, then inhaled sharply and took her seat. She withdrew her book and quill and scratched down a few notes right away.

Resting her quill-hand on the book in her lap, she let her gaze fall upon Yuna once more. "How would you like me to address you? Yuna? Miss Py?"

"Yuna"

With a nod, she moved onto the next question right away. "You do not seem as willing to speak as the others. Would you prefer if I asked you a few questions to get you started?"

Yuna nodded in reply, bringing her hands into her lap and repeatedly interlocking her fingers nervously.

Another note scratched across the psychiatrist's book. Yuna glanced up to watch her write, then went back to focusing on her own sandal strap.

"So, Yuna, tell me, what brought you to Blackmarsh?"

"I came here to help my friend move into town."

"But you stayed?"

Yuna nodded again.

"Why?"

"I met General Hurst and Lord Bracken."

Another note scratched across the psychiatrist's book. "And meeting them made you stay. Why is that?"

"I immediately recognized that I could learn more about magery from them than I could ever imagine."

"Ah." Another note. "So you crave knowledge of the arcane arts?"

Yuna nodded and another note went down.

"Have you made friends in your time here?"

Yuna shook her head no, and another note went down.

"Why do you think that is?"

"Because I don't talk to them if I don't have to."

"Where were you before Blackmarsh?"

"Tokuno."

"Did you have friends there?"

"Yes."

"Did you enjoy having friends?"

"Yes."

"Well, Yuna, in my opinion, you should open up more to those in Blackmarsh. Pick one or two people, at first, to talk to whenever you feel the courage to do so. Share with them your thoughts, stories, anything you wish. You will want to gain trust in your fellow military members to succeed on the battlefield. Communication and dependability are essential. Listen to them when they need you to, and they will listen to you in turn. Choose someone who intimidates you the least to begin, or someone who you may have already had short conversations with in the past. Please don't take this lightly, I think it will be very beneficial to you."

Yuna nodded and very quietly replied, "I will try."

The woman forced a smile, however looked concerned. "That is all of our time for today, but please.. do not hesitate to return to talk more. I am always here to listen."

Yuna stood quickly and nodded, glanced to the woman's forehead and said "thank you". She rushed out the door without looking back.
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Camilla laid back on the couch, barefoot, studying the tips of her long, wavy blonde hair. Her hat and boots sat where she had carelessly tossed them on the floor at the end of the sofa. The woman cleared her throat and Camilla looked over to her.

"Camilla Cain.. .. .. .. Butter churner of Blackmarsh??"

A slow grin spread across Camilla's face. "Yes, I am known for churning the butter here. I also help out with other chores, and make pies"

"Wonderful. Do you enjoy those jobs?"

"For the most part. It gets a little boring, but this is what I am good at, and it is helpful to Blackmarsh."

Nodding, the psychiatrist wrote a quick note. She pressed on to the next topic.

"How are your relationships with the locals here in Blackmarsh?"

"It varies. I enjoy most of them. Especially Barra. Some of them irritate me. I can't stand Jareth, or General Hurst"

"What don't you like about them?"

"Jareth is stubborn and stuck on his stupid opinions, he needs to have more of an open mind. Hurst is an arrogant pig."

The psychiatrist started to laugh but passed it off as a cough, and continued. "What does he do to make you feel this way?"

"He thinks EVERY man wants to be him and EVERY woman wants to be with him. He thinks he's EVERYTHING and no one can ever measure up to his greatness. He uses women as objects and then just casts them aside when he's finished with them."

"You seem to feel very strongly about this. Why do you care so much? Did he treat you this way?"

"Well.. No. But it still bothers me. And now he is sleeping with my sister and enjoys rubbing it in my face every chance he gets. It's disgusting."

"I sense more jealously and general frustration than disgust from you, about this Hurst. Why do you think it bothers you so much that he is with your sister?"

"It's my sister. My little sister. She looks just like me, but we are completely different."

"I am not sure you hate this man.. I am sure you want to hate this man, but I do not think you do. Nevertheless, I think it would be best to continue a professional relationship with him and nothing more. Now. Care to tell me about the father?" She gestured to Cam's rounded belly.

Another slow grin spread across Camilla's face and the psychiatrist wrote in her book again.

"He is unusual. Usually people are frightened of him. Nobody trusts him. Everyone always thinks he's scheming something horrible. I think people often misunderstand his words and actions, because of his appearance and the fact that he comes from Umbra."

"Clearly, you see him differently. Why aren't you afraid of him? What makes you see him differently?"

"I was afraid of him for a while. He has scars, he wears a belt around his waist made from the skulls of his dead family members. I don't think he has ever had anything easy."

"So you feel pity for him?"

"No. But I think he needs love. I see him as a plant that has been trampled, or had its light source taken away, causing it to wilt. He needs to be nurtured. But he is afraid."

"Why do you think he is afraid?"

"He has his reasons. He has explained them to me, but I still don't fully understand. It involves things that go way over my head. It involves the safety of me, and our child as well, I'm sure."

"What keeps you in a relationship with him? Is it the child?"

"No."

"Then what? Why do you choose a relationship with such struggles?"

Camilla grinned again. "Choose? It is not my choice. He is Azunda. He is insane. But I love him. Sometimes I may wish I didn't. But I do."

The psychiatrist nodded and wrote one last note in her book and spoke softly. "Well, our time is up, Camilla. Good luck with your pregnancy. Please remember I am always here when you need someone to talk to in confidence."

"Okay, thank you very much for listening to me! Camilla pulled on her boots, plopped her hat on her head, and pranced out the door, removing a peach from her pocket as she went.
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 2:22 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman was going over the notes in her book when she heard a small tap on her door. She closed her book, tucked it under her arm, and crossed the room to answer it. She smiled and said "Ah, Camilla Cain? I don't think we had an appointment scheduled. What brings you here?"

"I need someone to talk to, and I don't trust my friends to understand or care about my problem. Sorry to just show up unannounced.. but do you have time for a chat?"

"Of course," She smiled and gestured towards the couch and her throne. "after you."

Cam waddled across the room and slowly backed onto the couch. The psychiatrist, who had enough time to sit and open her book in the time it took Cam to get comfortable on the couch, let out a soft chuckle and asked, "So, how much longer?"

Glancing down at her (now large) stomach, Cam looked up at the doctor's face and replied, "About a month."

Smiling again, the woman simply said, "Wonderful. So, let's get right into this, shall we? What is it you need to discuss?"

Cam inhaled deeply and thought for a few moments before starting. "Well. After nearly two months of not seeing him at all, once, Azunda visited me last night. Don't get me wrong, it's not unordinary for us to go that long without seeing each other, and I actually don't mind it much. I've accepted the fact that he has a lot of important things to do, and can't dedicate all his time to sitting around talking about butter flavors, and baby beds. I have. Really. I usually enjoy seeing him when he comes, but last night was incredibly strange. Very off. It really creeped me out, actually."

The woman began taking notes in her book and nodding as Cam spoke. "And, how was last night different than other visits with him?"

Cam sighed and began talking again. "Well. He was acting....romantic. I guess. He told me he loved me, which shocked me so terribly, I'm not even sure he truly meant it. I just don't understand why he was acting so odd all of a sudden. He was being so loving. And smiling a lot. He never smiles. I didn't like it. It was not Azunda. I think he was hiding something. He mentioned a trip that could be dangerous, but he's done dangerous things many times before and never acted so unlike himself."

The woman took more notes, and looked back to Cam. "Maybe this trip of his is more dangerous than others. Maybe he thinks it could be so dangerous his life is at risk, then he would never see you again. Maybe he wanted you to know how he feels, just in case."

Camilla shrugged, as if she did not believe a word of that. "Well. That's all I needed to vent about. Thanks for listening.". She pushed herself off the couch with a groan and waddled across the room to the door. The psychiatrist just sat there wondering what the hell just happened.
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Crossroads Tavern All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: