Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

The Truth of Aragothias

Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
JCtheBuilder
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 4:31 pm Post subject: The Truth of Aragothias Reply with quote

I found this book tucked away in a dusty chest inside one of the Wintermoor towers. It was authored by Sage Arianna.
Quote:

The Truth of Aragothias
By: Sage Arianna

Aragothias
[Aa-r-a-go-thi-as]:

In this tome I shall seek to uncover some of the myth and legend of this great evil power. I must warn that very little is known even now after such horrid events that have transpired in my own generation...

There is nothing known of how or why this great power was created and put to form.. why this evil force has been brought to our world... It is known that he came from Hythloth, but what is secret is that while he came from that horrid place it was not always so... before the gateway was opened it was a much different place.

Aragothias first took the body and soul of a Great Lord of our time who he promised not only more power but immortality to sickness and old age... When the Great Lord accepted him as his vessel he became part of our existence and was no longer accepted in his own home.. that of Hythloth. The Great Lord became Lord of a great hall high above the land in a keep on Covetous Mountains. His power extended to great length and was found to be a great danger to not only Humans but to all beings who embraded the light as opposed to darkness.

Aragothias saw his greatest treat not among mankind but from the skies above him, the mighty dragons... He invaded their lairs, their homes, their conclaves... where once was a healthy great relationship was mistrust and deciet... This is when and where the Corps of Kortia was born... they have spread propaganda across the land against the dragons persuading Humans to betray the hiding places and lair of the Dragonkin... The Dragons sought not a direct battle with minions of Aragothias but 100 of the oldest and wisest Dragonkin surrounded the keep of Aragothias and cast a most destructive spell.... 100 words of...

"In Vas Por"

Filled the air and the keep of the Great Lord Aragothias was no more.

I write this book on the occasion that........

*looks to have been ended in a hurry as the handwriting is smudged with undried ink*

*Extremely hurried handwriting*

I must hurry, the Corps of Kortia have saught to remove all record of the Daemon of Aragothias... It is said that they wish his name never to be spoken... I hide this book away so that it may be spared from the flames of Kortia and that some record will be kept... he is still burried up there in the mountains... it is said there is great power in the name of a daemon... Know this then...

Aragothias is the name of the Great whome the Daemon promised the Vile Gift to... The True name of that daemon is Pakebrus...

I now hide this book in a safe place away from the Corpse.... I hope this does some...

The last page of the book reads "Property of the Moonglow Mages Guild". Here are some web links I found by searching for Aragothias.

http://uo.stratics.com/content/fanfiction/journalsofnephraal.shtml
http://uo.stratics.com/secrets/tc/tc_321.shtml
Mention on WOW forums (of all places)

Anyone know anything more about this?
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 6:23 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

You can check around in our wiki for out of game references, I believe there were a few hits on Aragothias in several articles.

I actually think there's several books on Aragothias in the Britannian Repertory Library as well. Either under the Biographies section, or under the Dark Lore shelves.
Halister Marner
Site Programmer
<b>Site Programmer</b>

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:40 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a follow up on this, I did some digging tonight, and in the Britannian Repertory, on the second Biographies shelf, in the third row of that shelf, are three more books on Aragothias, including a history and background.
Narcissus
Adventurer
Adventurer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:50 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to nitpick... Very Happy

Phakebrus was the name of the demon who in the Original Claudia Raym plot line inhabited the body of Aragothias...

Aragothias was a Lord of the dungeon Covetous of which much has been written about, Phakebrus chose to ally himself with Aragothias because of the 'threat' that the dragonkin child Claudia Raym played and their mutual enemy... it was a perfect alliance.

Phakebrus did indeed come from Hythloth, but beyond that very little is known (or written)... other than when Gath of Baal was given the sword of Aragothias he was lead to the place where the demon Phakebrus was first put into form... the room in Hythloth with the bloody pentagram and the bed in the middle.

The best and most concise information on Aragothias would be from this book: Satih Ogara or by talking to Darrienn Church (If you can believe anything he says), or Norture (If he is still living).

(And yes it is an exercise in vanity to type old character names into Google every year or so... Laughing )
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: