Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards
Roleplay Community Forums for the Atlantic Shard

FAQFAQ SearchSearch CalendarCalendar LinksLinks WikiWiki  RegisterRegister
RulesBoard Rules MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RSS FeedRSS Feed PortalPortal 
  ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesMessages Log inLog in

Ricardo's Research Guide (Spoilers, Updated Day 10 - Final)
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall
View previous topic :: View next topic
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:07 am Post subject: Ricardo's Research Guide (Spoilers, Updated Day 10 - Final) Reply with quote

Alrighty folks.. just as I did the Ranger Quest, I am religiously following the new live arc quest. To help everyone out, I'm going to summarize what the quest is about as well as post the locations of his research as I find them. Details for this new live arc event can be found at www.uoherald.com.

-------------------
First you can find Avery in the Cat's Lair in Britain just south of West Brit Bank.

He reacts to words and so far these are the words that I've found that he reacts to:

Prison
Crime
Casca
Ricardo
Treasure
Hidden
Warehouse
Stories

In all honesty, you can probably bypass Avery as he actually provides no vital stuff other than the notion that Ricardo has hidden treasure in a warehouse in Britain's wharf and that Ricardo is located in the Yew Prison.

-------------------

Ricardo is not text activated and spurts out random sayings. These are hints to the locations of his books. As per UOHerald, each day a new hint for a new location will be added to what he says.

-------------------

So now you need Ricardo's Lantern which functions much like the Lamp of Spirituality except it turns green in the area of Ricardo's research books and it reveals the books (can't see them without the lantern). The lantern is located in East Brit.

Note: Per people on UHall: A Lamp of Spirituality will function the same as Ricard's Ancient Lamp.

Click the chest behind the book to get your lantern.

--------------------

Once you find the books, you double click them and read them. Then you can either turn in the information to Lt. Dan in Castle British or Lt. Crag (Minax's Lieutenant) in Cove.

The chests have been fixed, Lt. Dan gives out the new rewards while Lt. Crag gives out the Frostguard Talisman and Ranger's Cloak from the previous event.

Note: Giving the information to Lt. Dan will increase your karma. Giving it to Crag will decrease it. Thank you to Cear for reminding me about this.

Second note: Lieutenant Dan does indeed have new legs. Custom-made titanium alloy. It's what they use on the space shuttle.

---------------------

Here are the locations of the books I've found so far:

Book 1, West of Terathan Keep, Trammel:

Book 2, South of the Telescope in Moonglow:

Book 3, Little Island in Vesper (Note: You have to use a boat to get to it.)

Book 4, Outside of Wind in the mountains:

Book 5, Northern most point of Buc's Den:

Book 6, North of Justice in the Valentine's Day park:

Book 7, On the northern part of Isamu-Jima in Tokuno, directly east of the Isamu Shrine:

For those that have been following, the seventh book says it contains the last word of power, making the mantra for LB's vault:

An Sanct Grav Vas Ylem Nes Uus

Book 8, Southwest of the Honor Shrine in Ilshenar. On the corner of the building filled with rats:

Book 9, On an island East of Buc's Den in Felucca. I believe it is called Skull Island.

Book 10, West of the Ocllo provisioner in Felucca. (Obviously.) Just outside of the guard line.

Last edited by Dryzzid on Sun May 09, 2010 4:32 am; edited 12 times in total
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:14 am Post subject: Reply with quote

OH! And I forgot. Ricardo is in Yew Prison and each day he will update with a new clue to the next location. He is not text activated, he just blurts out random statements.

Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 7:42 am Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE: I read on UHall that -ALL- shards are having the problem of Lt. Dan not giving out the "new" rewards so if you're not interested in a Frostguard Talisman or a Ranger's Cloak of Augmentation I would hold off on completing this quest. Also.. apparently they recycled the code from the Ranger of the Abyss event.. so the Lamps of Spirituality function the same as the new "Ricardo's Ancient Lamp"
Isk
Honored Member
Honored Member

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:53 am Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope they renew the quest and start it over since like me... probably everyone that is interested in it did it on all their characters.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 8:57 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Isk wrote:
I hope they renew the quest and start it over since like me... probably everyone that is interested in it did it on all their characters.

Agreed. I did the first book with everyone, but I am holding off until the proper rewards are dropped. Cloaks and talismans are going to plummet in prices now I'd imagine. Especially since this morning I witnessed a guy using dual clienting and trial accounts to literally run 100 people through a day.
Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 9:21 am Post subject: Reply with quote

IMPORTANT

After you find one of ricardo's books, report to Crag in fel cove to side with Minax!
Report to Dan to side with Queen Dawn! Minax will result in karma loss.

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:13 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently this whole thing is really messed up. Some shards don't have the chest to get the lantern, some don't have the NPCs in the right spots, and new rewards ARE being handed out. They have the best names, ever.

Who knows when it will be fixed proper, but at least we have an idea of what drops.. even if we have no idea what they're called.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 1:56 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Additional details for Felucca:

Avery, Lt. Dan, and Ricardo are not in Fel.

Crag is properly placed with his chest in Cove on the dock.
Jaggerauth
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 01, 2010 3:14 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Aww, the ancient and mysterious artifact known only as Error (Megacliloc) : StringId Not Found : 1115647

Epic!
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 3:32 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated with locations for books 3 and 4, current for Monday.
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:52 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated for day 5. Also it appears that the chests are fixed:

Cear Dallben ZOG

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 7:31 pm Post subject: Reply with quote

Go minax!
-1000 karma per report of location!

U6Online|| Welcome to Blackrock||Sunrise, Isle of the Avatar||Automatic Roleplay
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated for day 7, also included the full mantra for Lord British's vault. (Book 7 says it contains the final word.)
Dryzzid

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 5:16 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated for the final day.

My tally for 120 attempts (2 accounts, no 7th slot for either, 12 chars x 10 books = 120!):

Approx. 10-15 relic fragments
2 Megacliloc Cloaks!
7 Megacliloc Talimans!

Also:

1 Ranger's Cloak
1 Frostguard Talisman
(I did Book 1 prior to Lt. Dan's chest being fixed.

Overall I am interested in what is to come. Most seem to think this has to do with the restoration of Magincia. I would concur.

The only thing I did not like about this (despite the bugs in the beginning, which I tend not to get too sour over, it happens) is the apparent holes in the storyline. People on UHall pointed out several plot holes that contradicted previous lore. The biggest example I can think of is that apprently Ricardo was released and was an advisor to Dawn at some point. But what can you expect when the previous lore was most likely 3 or 4 dev team members ago and the new devs probably have no idea about UO history when they come in. Or maybe they don't expect players to be so attuned to detail Wink
Dryzzid#5091 | 74503058
Edda
Certifiable
Certifiable

PostPosted: Sun May 09, 2010 11:41 am Post subject: Reply with quote

Tyran, you questing fiend. Give me a cloak wavysmilie
Post new topic Reply to topic Atlantic Roleplay Community Boards Forum Index -> The Great Assembly Hall All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: